From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: sound driver
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 19:23:37
1 Christoph Eckert <mchristoph.eckert <at> t-online.de> writes:
4 > > I could easily have something buggered up in the kernel, or
5 > > completely missing too....
6 > So a check for ALSA in the kernel should be the next step. The
7 > ALSA utils can do nothing as long there's no ALSA support in
8 > the kernel.
9 Alsa is in the kernel....
10
11 > But maybe your chip isn't supported by ALSA?
12 Nor in OSS. SiS (Silicon Integrated Systems audio chips do not
13 seem to be support, at least with kernel selection.
14
15 > Check your kernel config, build and install it anew and run
16 > ALSAconf. If it fails then, you'd like to disable ALSA in the
17 > kernel and chack out OSS support instead.
18
19 alsaconf runs, it just fails to find anything......
20
21 I'm beginning to think there is no support for SiS audio chips:
22 0000:00:02.7 Multimedia audio controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]
23 Sound Controller (rev a0)
24 Subsystem: CLEVO/KAPOK Computer: Unknown device 0402
25 Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 173, IRQ 5
26 I/O ports at 1c00
27 I/O ports at 1800 [size=128]
28 Capabilities: [48] Power Management version 2
31 James
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list