From: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] XFCE setting sound input from USB, playback from motherboard chip.
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 15:58:53
1 On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 7:16 AM, Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > How to configure alsamixer and or XFCE4 to get playback from my
4 > motherboard card and input sound from USB?
5 >
6 > I'm trying to configure skype for input sound from USB cam abut playback
7 > from my sound card on motherboard.
8 > At the moment the only option I have is "pulse audio".
9 >
10 > --
11 > Joseph
12 >
13 > What's the output of 'equery -q u skype'?
14
15 Run the alsamiser command line shown below on your card ID, and make sure
16 you don't have anything muted there.
17
18 alsamixer -c 0
19
20 # '-c' sound card ID. You can find the correct IDs by running 'aplay -l',
21 which comes from media-sound/alsa-utils.