From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo RPi boot to ram or read-only FS?
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 18:45:32
1 On 26/05/2020 19:27, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > This will mitigate the reduced life as you are hardly writing to the
3 > card. Booting from a read-only / has caused problems for me in the past,
4 > because of the inability to write to /etc.
5
6 Well, if we can get a loopback into the boot sequence before you write
7 to /etc (why did it want to write to it?), then it won't realise that it
8 can't. You just have to accept that all writes will get lost on power-down.
9
10 Cheers,
11 Wol