From: Michael Kintzios <michaelkintzios@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Re: any easy way to reemerge kde using equery or similar tool?
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 18:18:15
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Neil Bothwick [mailto:neil@××××××××××.uk]
3 > Sent: 24 January 2006 16:41
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: any easy way to reemerge kde
6 > using equery or similar tool?
9 > On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 14:01:31 -0000, Michael Kintzios wrote:
10 >
11 > > > > Of course, it will ruin your world file like
12 > > > > this because you didn't use --oneshot.
13 >
14 > > If understand this right --oneshot does not add the packages to the
15 > > world file. I assume that if the KDE packages are already
16 > in the world
17 > > file then re-emerging them should not really cause
18 > duplicate entries - I
19 > > guess the ebuild or emerge script checks for packages which
20 > have already
21 > > been installed and amends the world file accordingly, no?
22 > Am I missing
23 > > the point with this --oneshot option?
24 >
25 > You are assuming that all the KDE packages are in your world
26 > file, they
27 > are not. For example, none of the lib* packages should be there.
28
29 I see (I think). Please bear with me while I am catching up: the
30 script will individually emerge every KDE component as opposed to the
31 original meta packages which brought in with them their dependencies.
32 The latter would not have been in the world file, but by virtue of the
33 script they will now be added - unless of course --oneshot is used.
34 --
35 Regards,
36 Mick
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list