From: Miernik <public@×××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: The setup program seems to have failed.
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 04:46:10
1 Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx> wrote:
2 > I _highly_ recommend using a the manual install method from the gentoo
3 > handbook. It's valuable for many reasons, not the least of which
4 > being its flexibility.
5
6 OK, now I know, I've done it with the manual install, and I like it. But
7 when the liveCD booted and told me to run "installer" that was
8 misleading. It should say something like "You can make a manual install
9 now using Gentoo handbook, or you may try an automated installer by
10 running "installer" now, but beware its experimental, and doesn't always
11 work". Such message on the liveCD welcome screen, would have saved me
12 quite some time.
15 Miernik
16 http://miernik.name/
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list