From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SOLVED: problem with PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 10:32:28
1 On 5 Sep 2010, at 17:54, David Relson wrote:
2 >> ...
3 >>>>> I've got it without that, Portage 2.1.8.3.
4 >>>>>
5 >>>>> $ grep ELOG /etc/make.conf
6 >>>>> PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES="warn error log"
7 >>>>> PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM="save mail"
8 >>>>> PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="root"
9 >>>>> PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILFROM="portage@hex"
10 >>>>> $
11 >>>>>
12 >>>>> Works fine here.
13 >>
14 >> I assumed he would also have to be running a sendmail-replacement
15 >> for the example he gave to work:
16 >>
17 >>> echo "testing userid@××××××××.com" | \
18 >>> mail -s"testing userid@××××××××.com" userid@××××××××.com
19 >>
20 >> I kinda assumed his problem was that `mail` would provide a valid
21 >> sender address, whereas the upstream ISP might reject mails from
22 >> portage with a dodgy from address.
23 >> ...
24 >
25 > OP here ...
26 >
27 > Having my own domain, I run my own mailserver -- but it's not on my
28 > gentoo development machine. I read the emerge python code,
29 > specifically mail.py, to find how PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI is handled.
30 > Reading the code lead me to (finally) realize that I need to have a
31 > PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI value with two (2) fields separated by a space
32 > character.
33
34 What version of portage, please? I certainly don't have that here, and
35 it seems to be working.
36
37 Stroller.