From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] ppp-gentoo woes cont'd
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 16:35:06
1 Just got back from gentoo land.
2
3 Arrrgh, gmail won't let me attach files, just sits there spinning.
4
5 So I'll have to make do with pastebin.
6
7 http://paste.ubuntu.com/890854/
8
9 Is a chronicle of the commands entered. First having booted and not
10 changing anything, I do #ifconifg, then I do #route -n, then #pon
11 <isp> to connect. Then there is the running tail of the messages log,
12 ifconfig, route -n
13
14 Next, rmmod the drivers. I do #poff <isp> to bring down ppp0, tail the
15 messages, And so on...
16
17 NB: the crash of the time daemon doesn't matter. Like everything else
18 I need to work around the problem; in this case via a script in
19 /etc/ppp/ip-up.d and /ip-down.d. The problem persists if I don't start
20 the daemon at all.
21
22 At the bottom of the file I've included the /etc/ppp/ip-up script.
23
24 The scripts it refers to are here:
25
26 30-wins.sh
27 http://paste.ubuntu.com/890854/
28
29 40-dns.sh
30 http://paste.ubuntu.com/890857/
31
32 50-initd.sh
33 http://paste.ubuntu.com/890857/
34
35 90-ntpd.sh
36 http://paste.ubuntu.com/890857/
37
38 The first two don't apply. 50-initd.sh, I don't quite grok.
39
40 Hope somebody has the patience to go through this ;)
41
42 MW