From: Remy Blank <remy.blank@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg segfaults if I have an encrypted volume mounted
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 12:53:36
1 Remy Blank wrote:
2 > Some version info:
3 >
4 > xorg-server-1.8.1.901
5 > xf86-input-evdev-2.3.2
6 > udev-149
7 > gentoo-sources-2.6.31-r6
8 >
9 > Has anyone seen anything similar? Any idea how I could either work
10 > around the issue or debug it? I have tried strace but couldn't extract
11 > any meaningful information.
12
13 For the record, I have update to gentoo-sources-2.6.34-r1, and the issue
14 seems to be fixed. I still don't understand why this has suddenly
15 started happening, as I had been running 2.6.31-r6 for months.
16
17 Now on to my next issue: my laptop powers off by itself after a few
18 hours of doing nothing. I first thought that it was a hardware issue,
19 but it just switched off before my eyes a few minutes ago: the screen
20 went blank, and I could see the caps lock and scroll lock LEDs blink for
21 ~30 seconds, before the laptop powered off. This seems to be a strong
22 hint at a kernel panic.
23
24 Unfortunately, as I was in X, I didn't get to see the panic, and it
25 wasn't logged either. Does anyone know how to get the kernel panic
26 message in such a case? I have enabled remote logging with syslog-ng,
27 but I suspect that this won't be enough. I have found kdump, but setting
28 it up seems to be quite tricky.
29
30 -- Remy