From: Gian Domeni Calgeer <gidoca@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [solved] Re: [gentoo-user] Xinerama on 945GM: "Set VBE mode failed"
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 14:02:35
1 Am Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2007 18:08 schrieb Allan Gottlieb:
2 > Have you tried booting (with the device plugged in) into single user
3 > mode, then trying to convince the system to use the built in screen as
4 > the default device (fn-f7 on my machine), and finally exiting the
5 > single user shell to go multiuser? (One could also hit fn-f7 while
6 > the system has the grub screen displayed and then go straight to
7 > multiuser.)
8
9 Thanks for the suggestion. On my machine this key doesn't do anything unless I
10 use Windows. On http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Lenovo_3000_V100 it
11 says: "The monitor switching button emits a scancode but is not tied to a
12 keycode. " Obviously under Windows the screen is switched by software.
13
14 Gian
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list