From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Different build options for specific packages
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 01:39:55
1 Howdy,
2
3 I read where someone did this but I can't find it now. I looked at the
4 wiki and did some startpage searches, no luck. Here goes:
5
6 I generally let emerge build packages in parallel. This works because a
7 lot of packages are small and don't take long to build or much room
8 either. However, there are a few exceptions. For me, Seamonkey,
9 Firefox and Libreoffice cause issues. I would like those to build one
10 at a time instead of at the same time. I've had times where all three
11 have updates but having two of them at the same time occurs pretty
12 regular. I thought I recalled this needing to be in package.env but my
13 test didn't work. I put this in package.env:
14
15 www-client/seamonkey MAKEOPTS="-j1"
16 www-client/firefox MAKEOPTS="-j1"
17
18 Since I'm here, you can guess that emerge didn't like that. So, either
19 I'm putting that in the wrong place, the wrong way or something. Oh, I
20 looked at the wiki and I didn't see things like this. I just went with
21 what little I recalled which seems to be not correct.
22
23 Can someone point me in the right direction here? Examples would be
24 nice because I may want to disable portage on tmpfs as well, for
25 Libreoffice at least.
26
27 Thanks
28