From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: revdep-rebuild alternatives?
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 20:32:47
1 Paul Varner <fuzzyray <at> gentoo.org> writes:
4 > > What are the sanctioned and experimental alternatives to
5 > > revdep-rebuild.
6
7 > There are no sanctioned alternatives.
8
9 > An experimental alternative that you can look at is udept written by Ed
10 > Catmur. You can download an ebuild for use in your overlay at
11 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~fuzzyray/overlay/app-portage/udept/
12
13 > Out of curiousity, what is wrong with revdep-rebuild that you are
14 > looking for alternatives?
15
16 Absolutely nothing. I have learned (thru pain) that you need to
17 run 'revdep-rebuild -p' on a semi routine basis.....
18
19 I have a friend (XP and FreeBSD) genius that refuses to listen
20 or join gentoo-user for himself.....He's surpassed the
21 buffer limits of fgrep......{}
22
23 So I posted a generic question so he (hi bernie)
24 could read the responses in
25 linux.gentoo.user via net-news.
26
27 Naturally, since I recommended Gentoo, I get to do
28 admin over the phone and email......
29
30 Here's a nice little repository of experimental scripts too:
31
32 http://gentooexperimental.org/script/repo/list
33
34 James