From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] python variables
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2020 23:50:35
1 Hi, I am still having problems with the python settings.  There a lot of
2 articals online for python on Gentoo but they all seem to miss a simple
3 point: a list of what the current default should be:
4
5 should there be nothing in a properly configured system (all handled
6 automaticly)
7
8 PYTHON_TARGETS etc listed in package.use, or should it be in make.conf -
9 lots of variation!
10
11 Should 2.7 be listed at all still?  Chasing the emerge breakage trying
12 to get this right is getting old fast :(
15 e.g., I am using the following in make.conf for a system that only needs
16 python 3.8 (with 3.7 just in case I need it) ... for other systems
17 should I specify what I think is rrequired, or leave blank?
18
19 USE_PYTHON="3.8"
20 PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_8 python3_7"
21 PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_8"