From: tdrueke <tdrueke@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Openswans IPSEC starting before net
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 08:59:01
1 Hi,
2
3 I installed openswan recently to connect to my IPCOP based router via
4 VPN over an Netgear WPN311 WLAN card. According to some documentation I
5 found I added also "ipsec-tools" though it seems that this is not
6 necessary (setup of different PC without them and everything works
7 fine).
8
9 The problem now is that the IPSEC service is started before NET service
10 is up and running. That way IPSEC does not setup the VPN tunnel to the
11 router. I always need to perform the IPSEC startup by hand (or in
12 rc.local).
13
14 As I stated above setting up a PC without ipsec-tools packakge installed
15 leads to correct behaviour (IPSEC started after NET).
16
17 1. Has anybody seen this before ? Is there a way to alter the startup
18 order ?
19
20 2. How can I debug the decision process which determines the startup
21 order of the services ? I already checked "/var/lib/init.d/deptree".
22 But from that file everything seems to be alright (NET is precondition
23 to run IPSEC).
24
25 BR
26 Thomas