From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: gpg signature verification failures
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 23:20:00
1 On Sun, 18 Sep 2016 23:33:17 +0100
2 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > So I save the ascii signature file separately, as well as the whole
5 > message. Trying to verify the latter with the former on the CLI,
6 > gives me a Bad signature. :-/
7 >
8 > It's getting late, so I may be doing this wrong?
9
10 The whole message isn't signed. AIUI, what's signed is just the stuff
11 between the boundary markers of the text/plain part of the message.
12 That said, I can't get that part to verify manually either, probably
13 because I'm making some mistake in extracting just that part.