From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] dev-util/ninja + checkinstall
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 16:35:19
1 Hello,
2
3 So Neil posted some weeks ago about checkinstall [1]
4 I've been wanting to experiment with ninja[2] too. So has
5 anyone combined both tools?
6
7 While I'm at it I'd like to be able to construct a complete
8 DAG [3] from theses installed files and the related dependencies; very
9 flexible on this part, trying to learn more about the uses
10 and visualizations of a DAG [4].
13 Eventually, I want a custom build system, for rapidly prototyping code
14 from a variety of tarballs that are not part of a regular build package
15 system; that yields control, file tracking and visual tools of the tree,
16 particularly advanced math [5] and science codes. Ph.D (science) folks are
17 often very smart, but they sometimes do 'wacky' things with codes. I also
18 need to be able to ' partially unwind' and/or removed everything installed,
19 confidently.
22 I have other boxes to do this work on, but yea eventually it needs
23 security (sandbox et al) but fist get it working; then tighten up on
24 security. The authors are trusted as to intent, but not as robust admins.
25 Any discussion, guidance or wiki links to something similar is most appreciated.
26
27 I also have the intention of testing this system on minimize (gentoo) and
28 embedded systems as a sort of system that lives completely on a usb stick,
29 for easy removal.
32 James
35 [1] http://asic-linux.com.mx/~izto/checkinstall/
36