From: Doug Hunley <doug.hunley@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Everything disappeared from world list
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 14:14:08
1 On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 12:17 PM, Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >> How would you do that? I'm currently using ~amd64 and can't yet use
3 >> sets for some reason.
4 >
5 > Then you probably need portage 2.2 for this. Which will never ever become
6 > stable it seems, but I'm using it just fine for three years now.
7
8 Yes, 2.2 is needed. And same here. Using it forever and no issues
11 > Is emerge @preserved-rebuild (with FEATURES=preserve-libs) also a 2.2
12 > feature? I like this most, I no longer need to use revdep-rebuild. I
13 > always considered having to use it a bug, fixing broken things after
14 > breaking them, instead of preventing breakage.
15
16 Indeed, also a 2.2 thing and the biggest reason I use it honestly
19 Douglas J Hunley (doug.hunley@×××××.com)
20 Twitter: @hunleyd Web:
21 douglasjhunley.com
22 G+: http://goo.gl/sajR3