From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] common user has problem with opengl
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 00:37:43
1 David Wei wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > Thanks for the reply,I also notice the error part about the glx module in the Xorg.log file,and I tried to reinstall the nvidia-drivers package,but the problem still remains.
4 > After checking your xorg.conf file,I think the only difference that can cause my problem is in <Section "Module"> part. I tried to load dbe and other modules you mentioned,but still,nvidia showed this error message.
5 > Any other ideas? Thank you very much!
10 Do you have anything like this in your make.conf file?
11
12 VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia"
13
14 For others with newer hardware and more knowledge on video cards than
15 me, what version of nvidia are you using and what is the model of your
16 card? It may be that it is installing the wrong version for your card or
17 that you need a older or newer version or that that specific version has
18 a known bug.
19
20 Dale
21