From: John Blinka <john.blinka@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] anybody have math extension working on mediawiki-1.18.2?
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 18:53:00
Hi, all,

I have just upgraded mediawiki from 1.16.5 to 1.18.2.  Everything
works well except the math extension.  When I try to display a page
with math on it, I get the following error message:

Failed to parse (PNG conversion failed; check for correct installation
of latex and dvipng (or dvips + gs + convert)):

I've gone through the recommendations in and
without any success.

Dvips, gs, and convert are all installed with permissions that enable
the apache user to execute them, latex is installed (via texlive), and
I even threw in the mathtex package, thinking that it sounded as if it
must be useful without knowing whether it is actually used.

Anybody have this working?  Care to share how you did it, or suggest
debugging techniques?

John Blinka