From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Need ebuild no longer in Portage
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 23:48:11
1 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2008-01-04, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>> ISTR that "make prepare" isn't sufficient. You have to do a
6 >>> "make". IIRC, you can kill it once it starts compiling "real
7 >>> code".
8 >>>
9 >> I can't keep up with the acronyms
12 > I seem to recall. :)
15 >> but I did a full make and I still get the same error. Should
16 >> I be booted into the same kernel that /usr/src/linux points to
17 >> when compiling nvidia-modules?
20 > I didn't think that was required, but that's probably how I've
21 > always done it, so it's worth a shot.
25 I have tried it with it pointing to the wrong kernel, sometimes it
26 works, sometimes not. Best to point it to the right one I guess.
27
28 Dale
29