From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: What is up with the libreoffice ebuild?
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 19:25:17
1 On 2011-09-06 19:48, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2
3 > I believe it did work for me for the short time I had cups installed.
4 > More pertinent is, why won't the lpr command work for LibreOffice?
5
6 Hm... Can you not try to print to file (postscript, pdf) and then use
7 lpr (which will filter it through ghostscript) to print? Yes, it's an
8 extra step but going through the extra steps of finding a new "office
9 suite" that fits you and your needs may not be worth it. Besides, you
10 can always print extra copies, do fine tuning of the printing (like
11 printing duplex, two pages or more on the same page etc.) this way.
12
13 I do agree with you that CUPS is perhaps a bit convoluted, difficult to
14 understand (when it comes to configuration) etc. When "it" (CUPS)
15 "feels" like not playing, then there can be quite a few hours of
16 frustration and cursing before getting it to work... but it works for
17 me, currently;I have a very nice duplex laser printer from Kyocera with
18 Linux support out of the box which helps... :-)
19
20 Best regards
21
22 Peter K