From: Anthony Roy <antroy@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: Setting up an IMAP server to serve mail fetched from pop mailboxes.
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 10:42:32
1 Hi all,
2
3 The short question (for those of you who can't be bothered to read the detail!):
4
5 What is a good IMAP server to set up on Gentoo?
6 How can I automatically move email from several pop servers into an
7 appropriate inbox on the IMAP server?
8
9 -------------------------------------------------------
10
11 The details:
12
13 I do not know very much about the mail subsystem in Linux, and so
14 would appreciate some help in setting up a mail system on my Gentoo
15 server.
16
17 1) I currently have a few pop email accounts with my ISP and others
18 (eg gmail), and wish to retain these accounts, as I use them for
19 different purposes and people already have these addresses.
20
21 2) I have a server and three client PC's set up at home. The server is
22 Gentoo, and the client machines are Windows XP, Kubuntu and Apples OSX
23 respecitvely.
24
25 3) I want to be able to access the same mail and mail folders from all
26 machines, and the state of those mailboxes be mirrored on all the
27 other machines.
28
29 4) I want to filter junk mail using SpamAssassin.
30
31 Hence, it seems to me that I want to set up an IMAP server to manage
32 the mailboxes and give the functionality required in (3) above. I also
33 need some way of downloading mail from the remote pop servers and load
34 them into the IMAP inbox. (4) can wait until later!
35
36 Cheers,
39 Ant...
42 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list