From: Joshua Murphy <poisonbl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] WEP wicd error
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 16:31:04
1 On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > every time I try to start my wireless with wicd, I have to set the
5 > WEP encripton key by hand (su - ; iwconfig ....) then wicd is able to
6 > connect to the AP.
7 >
8 > I have checked all network params, but I see no error in conf...
9 >
10 > Use encyptrion
11 > WEP (Passphrase)
12 > and the password.
13 >
14 > I only see this error on dmesg:
15 >
16 > wlan1: associate with AP 00:1a:2b:6d:90:a4
17 > wlan1: mismatch in privacy configuration and mixed-cell disabled - abort association
18 > wlan1: privacy configuration mismatch and mixed-cell disabled - disassociate
19 > wlan1: privacy configuration mismatch and mixed-cell disabled - disassociate
22 > anyone has faced this error before? Cause i see many references in
23 > google but most refer to a kernel conf problem... but if I can set the
24 > key by hand, why wicd can't?
25 > Maybe do I need to add my user to a special group?
26 > $ id arnau
27 > uid=1000(arnau) gid=1000(arnau) grupos=1000(arnau),10(wheel),18(audio),19(cdrom)
30 > TIA,
31 > Arnau
32
33 It's probably a completely different issue, but I've had a lot of
34 trouble when I've used wicd and network manager both where they
35 would't accept my passphrase in ascii, but took it fine converted to
36 hex... though wicd 1.5.9 on my laptop here hasn't given me that
37 problem.
40 Poison [BLX]
41 Joshua M. Murphy