From: Thomas Mueller <mueller6724@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Small (as in footprint) window manager
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2018 05:27:28
1 > On 2018-12-03, Thomas Mueller <mueller6724@×××.com> wrote:
2
3 > > I see also the suggestion
4
5 > > $ ssh -Y <server>
6
7 > > but what would be the syntax for specifying <server> where <server>
8 > > is a different computer on the same local network?
9
10 > Does it have an IP address?
11
12 > Grant Edwards
13
14 I see where I missed changing the Subject from an old message: embarrassing on me.
15
16 Being on the same local network, the other machine would have an intranet IP address of 192.168.0.x, where x would be a number >= 2.
17
18 I have mounted file systems by NFS but have never accessed an X server by ssh. I don't think I ever used ssh command directly.
19
20 Tom