From: Heiko Baums <lists@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cx23885 (DVBSky 950) under Gentoo 4.0.5 (SOLVED)
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 23:54:38
1 Am 27.10.2015 um 00:34 schrieb Tamer Higazi:
2 > Hi people!
3 >
4 > I have upgraded to the latest kernel 4.2.0 and selected all PCI boards
5 > As option to choose which frontent, I selected automatic selection.
6 >
7 > I restarted now and it all runs the way I want.
8 >
9 > I have previously copied the firmware from dvbsky in /lib/firmware and
10 > restarted the machine.
11 >
12 > The board is displayed propperly and it's listed in the /dev/dvb folder:
13 >
14 > tamer@tux ~ $ ls -lA /dev/dvb/adapter0/
15 > insgesamt 0
16 > crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 1 27. Okt 00:12 demux0
17 > crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 2 27. Okt 00:12 dvr0
18 > crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 0 27. Okt 00:12 frontend0
19 > crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 3 27. Okt 00:12 net0
22 > before I got to bed I recompile glibc, gcc x 2times and built the gentoo
23 > kernel once again.
24
25 Maybe they finally fixed this driver. It's a while ago that I tried
26 this. Btw., I did the same as you did, but of course with an older
27 kernel version. Or the sit2 module is only needed for the DVB-C and not
28 for the DVB-S cards.