From: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] re: make distclean
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 08:53:48
1 Thanks, but, as Bruce Hill pointed out, for your advice to work I'd
2 have to have the appropriate kernel options enabled, which I don't.
3 Thanks anyway.
6 On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 10:57 PM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
7 > On 12/16/2013 07:30 PM, Alexander Kapshuk wrote:
8 >>
9 >> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Kernel/Upgrade
12 >> Sanitize sources
13 >>
14 >> If you just want to rebuild the current kernel, you need sometimes to
15 >> sanitize the kernel sources:
16 >>
17 >> |root # ||make distclean|
18 >>
19 >> Interesting option. Wish it had said it would nuke my .config as well.
20 >> Just finished setting it up. Thought I'd follow the advice given before
21 >> rebuilding the kernel. Should've backed up the .config file prior to
22 >> running 'make distclean'.
23 >>
24 >> Lesson learnt. :'(
28 > You could get your running config using
29 >
30 > zcat /proc/config.gz > .config
31 >
32 > --