From: Jason Weisberger <jbdubbs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Experiences with amd richland or trinity APUs?
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 00:40:44
1 I've been running a mobile A8 quad core with a 6000 series GPU for about a
2 year under 3.x kernels and open source x.org drivers. Not a hiccup.
3 On Jul 22, 2013 3:57 PM, "Alexander Puchmayr" <alexander.puchmayr@×××××××.at>
4 wrote:
5
6 > Hi there,
7 >
8 > I'm thinking of bying a quad-core cpu, preferably an amd cpu because they
9 > are
10 > significantly cheaper than intel ones.
11 >
12 > The actual models are A8 (trinity, RD 7560D GPU) and A10 (richland RD 8570D
13 > GPU), or a plain AthlonIIx4 (no GPU).
14 > My question is: Are these GPUs supported properly under linux? Does anyone
15 > have experiences with them?
16 >
17 > Thanks,
18 > Alex