From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PDF puzzle
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 03:33:14
1 120113 Willie WY Wong wrote:
2 > Are the fonts embedded in both versions?
3 > You can check by useing pdffonts (from app-text/poppler).
4
5 The answer appears to be Yes :
6
7 508: lit> pdffonts boox-lo.pdf
8 name type emb sub uni object ID
9 ------------------------------------ -------- --- --- --- ---------
10 URWPalladioL-Roma Type 1 yes no yes 53 0
11 URWPalladioL-Bold Type 1 yes no yes 48 0
12 URWPalladioL-Ital Type 1 yes no yes 61 0
13 URWPalladioL-Ital Type 1 yes no yes 64 0
14 URWPalladioL-Roma Type 1 yes no yes 56 0
15 509: lit> pdffonts boox-gs.pdf
16 name type emb sub uni object ID
17 ------------------------------------ -------- --- --- --- ---------
18 ODEQKL+URWPalladioL-Roma Type 1C yes yes no 8 0
19 MWWLSZ+URWPalladioL-Bold Type 1C yes yes no 10 0
20 SMYMFI+URWPalladioL-Ital Type 1C yes yes no 12 0
21
22 However, this does reveal that the GS fonts are subsets,
23 that they are Compact Format (CFF) & that the file lacks a ToUnicode map.
24 That may well explain why the GS version is smaller.
25 Does anyone know how far the extra info in the LO version mb useful ?
26
27 I've uploaded the files to my I/net site (see other msg)
28 & will do some further investigation myself.
32 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
33 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
34 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca