From: Chris Brennan <xaero@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Messed up - how do I emerge coreutils once coreutils is gone?
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 22:52:44
1 I've found, keeping a backup kernel from my last update and loading
2 busybox instead of the system has recued my ass on more then one
3 occassion.
4
5 Ironicly, I encounted this problem on both my Gentoo Desktop *and* my
6 Gentoo Laptop roughtly a month to two months ago. At this time, there
7 was no evidance of this issue yet and I blindly unmerged mktemp and
8 all was well and never thought about it again till today when I saw
9 this thread. Like I said, I just blindly unmerged mktemp w/ little
10 though, I guess just seeing coreutils and quickly comparing it against
11 mytemp kinda spoke for itself. Either way, your system is back, and
12 that is all that matters.
13
14 On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 6:22 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann