From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: anti-portage wreckage?
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 10:44:15
1 On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 19:01:25 -0600, Mike Myers wrote:
2
3 > I've recently began experimenting with Debian and noticed their updating
4 > system is exactly like what I was asking about. Basically, there's
5 > package updates, and then there's distro updates. Why is it
6 > unreasonable for Gentoo to have something like this? I think it would
7 > help Gentoo a lot in the server market, where scalability is important.
8
9 Look at the gentoo-dev thread that Richard pointed out (versioning the
10 tree). The release tree idea discussed there seems to be similar to what
11 you are suggesting.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Do PAL taglines take up two scanlines?