From: sean <tech.junk@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trying to mount a bad disk
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 02:26:31
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Sunday 27 May 2007, Albert Hopkins wrote:
3 >> On Sun, 2007-05-27 at 09:26 -0400, sean wrote:
4 >>> I have a Windows XP driver here that belongs to a friend that just
5 >>> crashed.
6 >>>
7 >>> I am trying to figure out if there is some way I can force the
8 >>> drive to
9 >>> mount on my system so that I can get some data off it for her.
10 >>>
11 >>> Not having much luck, would anyone have any tips as to how I might
12 >>> be able to make this happen?
13 >> If the drive experienced a head crash, then there is pretty much
14 >> nothing you can do.
17 > Wrong.
18 >
19 > If the drive suffered a head crash, you would be amazed what data
20 > recovery experts can do.
21
22 They are very expensive, if I recall correctly?
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list