From: Drew Tomlinson <drew@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Mouse Quits After Gnome Login
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 14:08:00
1 I have a laptop that has been working fine until my last world update
2 yesterday. FWIW, it's probably been at least 3 months since the last
3 update. I'm running the 2.6.25-r4 kernel from gentoo sources. Gnome
4 version is 2.22. Xorg version is 7.3. Mouse is actually a Synaptics
5 Touchpad on the laptop. xorg.conf file has not changed and uses
6 synaptics driver and evdev.
7
8 The symptom is that X starts and gdm loads. Touchpad mouse still
9 works. However after logging on and somewhere during the Gnome splash
10 screen, the mouse stops responding. Any ideas on what might cause this
11 behavior?
14 Thanks,
15
16 Drew