From: Andrea Conti <alyf@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The End Is Near ... or, get the vaseline, they're on the way!
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 08:02:02
1 > This news item is to inform you that once you upgrade to a version of
2 > udev >=181, if you have /usr on a separate partition, you must boot your
3 > system with an initramfs which pre-mounts /usr.
4
5 [...]
6
7 > Happy Computer Users, systemd is on your horizon.
8
9 The problem, if you really want to call this a problem, is with udev,
10 not OpenRC. Switching to systemd is not going to solve it.
11
12 Personally I stopped bothering with a separate /usr ages ago, so I don't
13 really care.
14
15 andrea