From: Ciprian Dorin Craciun <ciprian.craciun@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The LIGHTEST web server (just for serving files) ?
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 13:40:08
1 On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 10:24, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
2 > What is the *LIGHTEST* web server package you know for gentoo?
3 >
4 > I just want to serve the distfiles, so no CGI / PHP /
5 > whathaveyouscripting support is needed.
6 >
7 > Preferably, with logging so I can see which packages I missed, but not
8 > necessary.
9 >
10 > Rgds,
13 We use for such purpose http://linux.bytesex.org/misc/webfs.html .
14 It features both (reasonable) performance (threaded), security
15 (chroot, SSL) and simplicity (can be statically linked, can be
16 controlled solely from arguments).
17
18 For example (or add -d for debugging):
19 ~~~~
20 webfsd -F -p 80 -r .
21 ~~~~
22