From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Corrupt xD card with photos
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 21:54:05
1 On Monday 11 September 2006 22:19, Matthias Bethke wrote:
2 > Hi Mick,
3 >
4 > on Monday, 2006-09-11 at 19:50:05, you wrote:
5 > > Is there a Linux (or even M$Windoze?) way of me recovering the last
6 > > photo, that doesn't involve reconstructing raw data with a hexeditor?
7 >
8 > I had the honor of being tasked by my wife with recovering photos from
9 > the amorphous blob of data left over after some virus persuaded her
10 > Windoze that it was a good idea to dump its memory all over the NTFS
11 > root block. "recoverpics" finds pretty much every JFIF picture that is
12 > in one piece, i.e. not in a fragmented file, no matter what the file
13 > system. At 5k source it could be worth a try:
14 > https://www.linguistik.uni-erlangen.de/~msbethke/software.html
15
16 Thanks Matthias,
17
18 How do I install it manually? install tells me:
19
20 # install
21 install: missing file operand
22
23 So, I ran:
24
25 # install recoverpics.c recoverpics
26
27 Which didn't complain. What next? How do I run it? Is there any
28 documentation anywhere?
31 Regards,
32 Mick