From: "caveman رَجُلُ الْكَهْفِ 穴居人" <toraboracaveman@××××××××××.com>
To: Matthew Smith <matt@×××××××××.uk>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] genkernel's new configs not used?
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2022 08:36:58
1 On Saturday, January 1st, 2022 at 9:57 AM, Matthew Smith <matt@×××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > You can tell genkernel to run `make oldconfig` (see
4 >
5 > `/etc/genkernel.conf`), but I think if you only have a few config
6 >
7 > tweaks the best solution is to migrate to a distribution kernel.
8 >
9 > For example, you could create /etc/kernel/config.d/nogpu.config with
10 >
11 > the contents
12 >
13 > CONFIG_DRM_AMDGPU=n
14 >
15 > CONFIG_DRM_I915=n
16 >
17 > CONFIG_DRM_NOUVEAU=n
18 >
19 > CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=n
20 >
21 > And every time you build a dist kernel like sys-kernel/gentoo-kernel
22 >
23 > or sys-kernel/vanilla-kernel these options will be applied.
26 thanks! config.d option fits me perfectly.
27
28 i didn't know of this feature of distribution
29 kernels, even though i'm using gentoo-sources
30 for years. me even dumber than i thought.