From: Jarry <jarry@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bind: no logging...?
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 19:53:32
1 kashani wrote:
2
3 >> Does bind write logs about its activities somewhere?
4 >> Should it be in /var/log, or /chroot/dns/var/log?
5 >
6 > Bind is like Apache in that it does its own logging. Here's my config
7 > with all named logs split out into their own files. Just change the
8 > paths to something local in your chroot.
9 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Setup_a_DNS_Server_with_BIND#Logging_conf
10
11 Thanks for pointing me to the right place.
12 So many log-files? I hope I can reduce it somehow...
13 But I am surprised that bind does not do logging
14 "right of the box", like apache...
15
16 Jarry
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list