From: Petric Frank <pfrank@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo-sources-2.6.21 and CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 11:21:45
1 Hello Alex,
2
3 On Saturday 19 May 2007 12:21, Alex Fansky wrote:
4 > diablo@diablo linux-2.6.21-gentoo % pwd
5 > /usr/src/linux-2.6.21-gentoo
6 > diablo@diablo linux-2.6.21-gentoo % cat .config |grep
7 > CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND diablo@diablo linux-2.6.21-gentoo %
8 >
9 > Is it normal? I know that swsup2 patches are in the suspend-sources kernel.
10 > But according to the documentation software suspend v1 should be supported
11 > in the gentoo-sources.
12
13 Using gentoo-sources i got the same problem. You are using SMP, right ?
14 Then you have to enable CONFIG_HOTPLUG_CPU to get CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND
15 selectable.
16
17 It took me some digging that those two are dependend when doing SMP.
18
19 regards
20 Petric
21 --