From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev rules
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 16:00:50
1 David Relson wrote:
2 > Good morning!
3 >
4 > I have a Rosewill 75 in 1 card reader with slots for USB, SATA, SD,
5 > microSD, etc. udev recognizes USB devices and mounts them
6 > as /media/<whatever>.
7 >
8 > However, when SD and microSD cards are inserted, /var/log/messages
9 > doesn't report anything and the cards aren't mounted.
10 >
11 > Any suggestions where to look? what to fix?
12 >
13 > I'm running kernel 3.2.11 on an AMD64 with udev-171.
14 >
15 > Here's a link to the card reader
16 > http://rosewill.com/products/1610/ProductDetail_Overview.htm
17 >
18 > Regards,
19 >
20 > David
24 Have you tried those cards on a different system to see if they work?
25 If they do, then the reader may be bad. May want to look for dust but
26 if it is new, surely not. ;-) Packing peanut maybe? o_O
27
28 I have bought a couple thinks made by Rosewill. Neither of them worked
29 for long. I sent one back for repair/replacement and got a new one with
30 about the same problem. I didn't send it back again because it wasn't
31 worth shipping back again plus I was expecting it to work at least for a
32 little while. It lasted overnight My new policy, don't buy Rosewill
33 products. They may work fine for someone else but they don't for me.
34
35 Dale
36
40 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!