From: "Jc García" <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: openjdk-6-jdk
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 20:35:08
1 2014-08-25 12:44 GMT-06:00 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>:
2 > James <wireless <at> tampabay.rr.com> writes:
5 >> For openjdk-6-jdk [1] I'm not sure what my options are as it (or a newer
6 >> version?) is required by mesos-0.19-1. I did see these in portage:
7 >
8 >> Some discussion and guidance would be keenly appreciated, as I'm not at all
9 >> up on the current gentoo java issues.
12 > Ok, so I found the gentoo java wiki [1].
13 >
14 > So if I'm comprehending this correctly, icedtea is openjdk it just
15 > uses 100% open source tools to build the jdk as opposed to the fact
16 > that openjdk uses proprietary tools to build?
17 >
18 > I'm still a bit confused on the options for jdk, (openjdk) any
19 > limitations, gotchas, thnings_to_avoid; so some recommendations
20 > would be beneficial.
21 >
22 > James
25 > [1] http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Java#Installing_a_JRE.2FJDKs
30 Just dropping and idea for your ebuild, you might have this planned
31 but anyway, I would put something like 'virtual/jdk:1.6' in RDEPEND,
32 so if things work as they should(but that's not realistic), any of the
33 java implementations in the tree would provide jdk6 for your ebuild.