From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: udev-197 moves from /usr/lib to /lib
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 15:17:12
1 On 11/01/13 16:04, walt wrote:
2 > This seems to me like very happy news indeed, but I'm interested in contrary
3 > opinions. There's a recent thread discussing how udev-197 breaks lvm2, but
4 > that's a trivial fix once you know about it.
5 >
6 > The problem is caused because many apps including lvm2 install their udev
7 > config scripts in /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/ (where they never belonged in the
8 > first place IMO) and they should instead now go in /lib/udev/rules.d/.
9 > All you need to do is to re-emerge all of those packages *after* installing
10 > udev-197 and the config scripts will go in the correct place.
11 >
12 > You should do this before rebooting the machine because lvm2 won't work until
13 > its udev scripts are in the correct directory.
14
15 Running this command (all in one line):
16
17 emerge -p1 $(for p in $(qfile -Cvq $(find /usr/lib/udev/) | sort -u); do
18 echo "=$p"; done)
19
20 should re-emerge all packages that still have files there. After that,
21 /usr/lib/udev should no longer exist. If it still does, then there are
22 files in it that don't belong to any package. Check them manually and
23 delete them as needed or move them over. Then delete /usr/lib/udev.