From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Using package.use
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 15:54:26
1 In man portage I see examples of using package.use
2
3 Its listed with address /etc/portage/package.use and shows usage like
4 this:
5
6 some/package:useflag (to add a specific use flag)
7
8 I want to subtract a use flag so trying:
9
10 (tried with and without quotes just in case the dash (-) was not
11 acceptable unquoted:
12
13 net-analyzer/tcpdump:"-samba"
14 net-analyzer/tcpdump:-samba
15
16 Neither way appears to have an effect on
17 emerge -vuDNp tcpdump
18
19 It still comes up with positive samba use flag. And then when actual
20 emerging is done, dire warnings are given about using `samba' use
21 flag.
22
23 I'd hoped to use package.use so as not to have to mess with tcpcump
24 individualy.
25
26 Is my syntax wrong or some other problem?
29 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list