From: "Dmitry S. Makovey" <dmitry@××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Flophouse Joe <flophousejoe-gentoo-user-xdzvne@××××××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE weirdness
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 23:51:43
1 On Tuesday 21 November 2006 12:48, Flophouse Joe wrote:
2 > I haven't dabbled in xorg transparency myself, so take the
3 > following with a grain of salt.
4 >
5 > A bit of googling turned up "Xorg X11 and Transparency" at
6 > gentoo-wiki.com:
7 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Xorg_X11_and_Transparency
8 ...
9 >
10 > Section "Extensions"
11 > Option "Composite" "off"
12 > EndSection
13
14 Thanks for trying but that didn't help. I kind of guessed it before (I
15 have another machine with similar setup working just fine - but that
16 machine is 2005.0 upped to 2006.1 level gradually)
17
18 I did enable Composite though with 0 seccess. Weird. Might attribute
19 it to drivers... but wiggling with *Accel options didn't help either.
23 Dmitry Makovey
24 Web Systems Administrator
25 Athabasca University
26 (780) 675-6245