From: "Marc Stürmer" <mail@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The future of linux, and Gentoo specifically now
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 07:32:08
1 Am 21.11.2014 um 08:17 schrieb Paige Thompson:
2
3 > I just read an article that says systemd is taking over linux and linux
4 > is not linux anymore:
5 > http://blog.lusis.org/blog/2014/11/20/systemd-redux/
6 >
7 > I kinda have to agree which is partially why I'm not using it. Will
8 > Gentoo have any plans of forcing its users to move to systemd or will I
9 > always (such as its always roughly been) have the option of using init
10 > and openrc as it is now? I personally have no reasons currently to
11
12 You've been on this list for surely long enough to know, that systemd
13 will always be optional for Gentoo users with Openrc not going away too
14 soon as the default.