From: Alan Warren <bluemoonshine@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] thubdrive mounts with strange char's in it's name
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 04:52:26
1 Thanks Mike, this is exactly what I needed. I'm all set now.
2
3 -Alan
4
5 On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 10:14 PM, Mike Gilbert <floppymaster@×××××.com>wrote:
6
7 > On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Alan Warren <bluemoonshine@×××××.com>
8 > wrote:
9 > > My thumbdrive has been mounting fine, but recently it started mounting
10 > > with strange characters in it's name.
11 >
12 > I believe most auto-mounters use the file system label when naming
13 > mount points. You can view or modify this with the tools appropriate
14 > for the specific file system.
15 >
16 > For FAT, use dosfslabel from the sys-fs/dosfstools package.
17 >
18 > For ext{2,3,4}, use "tune2fs -L" from the sys-fs/e2fsprogs package.
19 >
20 > I'm guessing that something messed up the label.