From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] capturing emerge output
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 16:55:04
1 Hello,
2
3 I have some very large emerge builds going on
4 with my /usr/local/portage experiments.
5
6 What would folks suggest is the best way to capture the output
7 from the screen into a file (fancy formating?) as well as being
8 able see the local builds as they scroll the build out to
9 the terminal (screen) window (normal emerge results viewed fromt the
10 terminal session ?
11
12 Is there some tools (ebuilds) for such?
15 Then what tools exist for parsing via a gui.
16
17 (yea I still use command line parsing visually but I figure
18 I ask if there are some fancy tools for an old C hack to
19 experiment around with......
22 TIA,
23 James