From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: help
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 16:04:17
1 On 29 Mar 2010, at 13:22, Dale wrote:
2 >> ...
3 >> Filling bug reports is important. I filled over 50 on b.g.o this
4 >> year alone. All of them are version bumps or bad homepages. Some
5 >> programs haven't been bumped for 5 years.
6 >
7 > That is true but I don't have a account there. Someone else does so
8 > they filed it for me. I don't guess it matters who files it as long
9 > as it is filed.
10
11 It's helpful if you can subscribe to email updates, and help test when
12 revisions are available.
13
14 Sometimes an ebuild is posted to as an attachment to the bug - you
15 download it and add it to your local overlay. Thus you may get the
16 updated version before it's available in the Portage tree (some
17 ebuilds are attached to bugs for packages which never become accepted)
18 and you can at least add a "works for me" comment and encourage the
19 devs by remarking how useful it is to you.
20
21 Stroller.