From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: but cool - NASDAQ is gentoo powered
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 10:40:29
1 Hi, everybody.
2
3 On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 09:48:30PM -0400, Michael Mol wrote:
4 > On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > http://www.itworld.com/open-source/193823/how-linux-mastered-wall-street
6
7 > This is related to a question I wanted to poll the list with. How does
8 > everybody here use Gentoo? For personal use? Production use? For
9 > server, desktop or embedded roles? What's your most interesting setup
10 > or use case?
11
12 I seem to be pretty much on my own, here. I use Gentoo on a single
13 desktop computer at home, mainly for developing free software (Emacs).
14
15 I've configured the PC with two HDDs in RAID-1 (mirrored), and I run
16 logical volume manager. I keep the box aggresively up to date, synching
17 portage almost every day.
18
19 One of these days, I'll get around to installing Gentoo on a dusty old
20 laptop I've got.
21
22 > --
23 > :wq