From: CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] USE flag semantic-desktop
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 01:54:31
1 Hi,
2
3 I have been doing a bit of cleaning on my system - namely, removing kde
4 3.5 packages according to directions given via Gentoo documentation.
5 After doing this, I ran revdep-rebuild (with --pretend) and found that
6 there were a lot of broken packages. One of the problem packages was
7 krecipes. I haven't updated this in quite a while. When I tried to
8 reinstall it, I got the message that it wanted to downgrade kde-libs
9 from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3-r1 and I noticed that a use flag called
10 semantic-desktop was enabled. I didn't do the install because I didn't
11 know if I should downgrade kde-libs. Does anyone know what this use
12 flag is about and should I enable it in my make.conf?
13
14 Regards,
15
16 Colleen