From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Change the case of file names
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 02:49:21
1 On Montag, 2. Juli 2007, Mick wrote:
2 > On Monday 02 July 2007 22:08, Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
3 > > that wasn't k3b - that is an limitation of iso9660. A limitation MS
4 > > forced down our throats.
5 >
6 > Aaargh! :-@
7 >
8 > > To prevent that in the future, make sure that you tick the 'joliet'
9 > > option under filesystems (in older k3b) or choose 'linux/unix and windows
10 > > (with newer k3b).
11 >
12 > Thanks, I found that out after I paid attention to the default settings. I
13 > am still not sure why the k3b default is not the linux/unix format.
16 because all systems can read iso9660. But not all systems can read rockridge
17 or joliet. iso9660 is the most compatible option, so it is the default.
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list