From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: depclean wants to remove xf86-video-intel
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 22:17:56
1 On Tue, 15 Mar 2022 19:24:02 -0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > > I bit the bullet, let it depclean and rebooted.
4 >
5 > I'll give that a go the next time I'm in the office (which is where
6 > the machine in question lives). I've got to remember to drag a loptop
7 > along with me so that if X doesn't come up I can still Google for
8 > help. From what I've seen on both Gentoo and Arch wiki's I believe it
9 > should "just work". But I know that having no other web access besides
10 > my phone will make it fail...
11
12 If X doesn't come up, simply re-emerge xf86-video-intel. That won't take
13 long because you will obviously have quickpkg'd it before depcleaning...
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 "There are no stupid questions, just too many inquisitive idiots."